General Info/ Access
The theatre, which is named after the unforgettable theatre and cinema protagonist Aliki Vougiouklaki, is located inside the CityLink building on Amerikis Street. The Army Pension Fund building (now the CityLink) represents an important commercial turning point for the centre of the capital.
From the Aliki Theatre, there is easy access to hotels and restaurants. The Plaka and Kolonaki district are within walking distance allowing everybody the chance to enjoy a taste of the city centre. The Acropolis and the historical centre of Athens are also only a short walk away.
The Aliki Theatre is situated close to Kriezotou bus stop on Panepistimiou Street and Acadimia bus stop on Acadimias Street, where a lot of ΟΑSΑ bus and ILPAP trolleybus lines operate.
The theatre is situated close to the Metro stations of Syntagma and Panepistimiou.
The neighbouring streets of Amerikis, Stadiou and Panepistimiou provide easy access to taxi services. There is also a Taxi-stand at Syntagma square.
People with special needs
All theatre spaces offer easy access for persons with special needs. During the renovation, special lifts were placed to the right of the main entrance. Access is from Boukourestiou Street. People with special needs can watch the performances from the Orchestra Pit.
In the surrounding area there are many private car parks and municipal parking system regulations apply to the side-streets.
Map of the municipal parking system in Athens city centre.
- Once a performance has started, entry is not permitted, except during intervals.
- Students, concessions or other special tickets are valid only on presentation of the necessary documents.
- With the exception of the foyer space, it is not permitted to consume items from the refreshment room within the auditoria.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or other substances are not allowed to enter the auditorium.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas with smoking signs.
- Pets are not permitted to enter the auditoria.
- It is forbidden to carry or possess glass bottles, metal boxes of refreshments, weapons, flammable materials, as well as other sharp and hazardous objects into the auditoria.
- It is necessary to switch off mobile phones during the performance.
- It is strictly forbidden for members of the audience to videotape, shoot or record part or the whole of any performance by any means (such as camera, video camera, mobile phone etc).
- The ushers and safety staff in the theatre space are there to accomodate the audience, and to secure the audience’s safety as well as to ensure the performance proceeds uneventfully. The audience has the responsibility to abide by the requests of the ushe
- The ushers and the safety staff reserve the right to remove from the performance space any spectator or spectators whose behaviour impedes the smooth operation of the performance and/or the right of the rest of the spectators to watch the performance.
- Tips are not permitted.
Amerikis 4, 10564 Αthens
See the area map
Box offices’ opening Hours
Wednesday: 17:00 - 20:30
Thursday to Sunday: 17:00 - 21:30
The venue has its own barView Area Map